Vision Statement St. Joseph University Mission Statement
St. Joseph University School is a Catholic school built on a strong academic curriculum and centered in Christian values. It serves children from diverse faiths, ethnicities and socioeconomic backgrounds to prepare students to be lifelong learners.
- Children will learn when they believe they can.
- Children will learn in an environment that is physically and psychologically safe.
- Children will learn when they have opportunities to learn in their Learning Style.
- Children will learn when there are multiple forms of assessment – class quizzes, standardized tests, demonstrations, interviews, projects, etc.
- Children will learn when mistakes are seen as part of learning and not as a punishment for failure.
- Children will learn in a label free environment.
- Children will learn in an atmosphere with a positive feeling tone that includes creativity, fun, humor and patience.
- Children will learn when all students have access to quality teaching, similar opportunities, and when they have some say.
- Children will learn when there is open communication among teachers, students, administrators, parents and the community.
- Children will learn when support is available at all states of the learning.
- Children will learn when it is an active process that includes working alone, in small groups, and as a total class with variety of learning activities that contain a combination of lectures, independent work, and hands on activities.
- Children will learn when the physical and performing arts (music, art, physical education, movement, dance, etc.) are included in all the curricular areas.
St. Joseph’s students will approach life embracing creativity and innovation, equipped with skills and knowledge to continue their learning within our school environment and beyond. The educational staff will maintain and reinforce the focus of the New York State Standards, skills, and values through continued mentoring and instruction.
St. Joseph’s will strive for collectivism and collaboration, maintaining transparency and truth. Our culture celebrates diversity and appreciates a broader understanding of individual perspectives. The staff will relate to the parents and communities in an opening, welcoming interactive manner with a process to problem solve and grow.
Our students will be eager, adaptable and proactive lifelong learners who will be successful members of society dedicated to the service of others and rising to their fullest potential.
Click edit button to change this text.